Why Consider Teaching at Clapham?
If you desire to teach in a school where the culture is one of service, the academic standards are among the highest, and the teachers are highly respected, then we welcome you to consider Clapham School.
We are looking for teachers who:
- love the Lord
- love children
- are passionate about teaching, particularly in a classical school that leverages Charlotte Mason’s philosophy of education
- are teachable
- feel called to help nurture and develop a community that is dependent on the gospel
- manifest a love for learning in their own lives
Our goal is to recruit and retain teachers who can contribute to the lives of our students in many ways.
We encourage you to learn more about Clapham School to see if it is a place where you could thrive as a teacher!
It is our approach to consider applications on an ongoing basis. At Clapham we believe in continually recruiting to attract the best candidates to our team. Please contact us and come visit the school to learn more and see if Clapham is the right place for you to grow, learn and serve others.
- Read through our website and learn more about Clapham’s mission, philosophy, and unique curriculum.
- Come visit the school and sit in on several classes. We often find prospective applicants are aided in the application process when they have experienced our model firsthand.
- Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to the Academic Dean, Jason Barney, JBarney@claphamschool.org.
- We may request you to fill out an application. It will be sent to you upon successful review of your resume and cover letter. Please complete it, and mail it to us at: Clapham School, P.O. Box 209, Wheaton, IL 60187 or email.
- You may then be asked to conduct a teaching demonstration and participate in a formal interview.
All faculty positions for the 2017-2018 school year have been filled.
However, we are looking for Substitute Teachers and Lower School Assistants!
If you are interested, please send a resume and cover letter to the Academic Dean, Jason Barney, JBarney@claphamschool.org.
Clapham School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational and admissions policies, scholarship programs or other school program, including hiring.